Online streaming services have come a long way over the past couple of years and now live TV, movies and other online content is readily available at the click of a button.
One service that provides 24/7 access to movies, TV shows and sports is Hotstar.
Hotstar has been providing Singaporeans with premium quality content for a little over 2 years and they are one of the leading online streaming services available in Singapore for broadcasting live cricket matches.
But how much is it to subscribe to Hotstar Singapore and what are the benefits you get from the subscription plan?
I’m going to take you through everything there is to know about Hotstar Singapore subscription plan and features so you know what to expect from their premium subscription.
Hotstar Singapore Subscription Plan and Features Review
How Much is the Premium Subscription Plan for Hotstar in Singapore
Currently there is only one subscription plan available to Hotstar customers in Singapore and that’s a premium of $69.98 SGD per year.
This plan provides users with a year-long access to all the content available on Hotstar including Indian movies and live telecast of cricket matches.
If you’re looking for a monthly subscription or bi-yearly plan then unfortunately Hotstar Singapore does not offer them.
Apart from paying $69.98 SGD for your Hotstar subscription, you can also sign up with StarHub TV or with any mobile/broadband plan and get a free subscription to Hotstar in Singapore.
StarHub Subscription Plans for Hotstar
StarHub is a leading network and broadband provider in Singapore and they offer promotional Hotstar access upon purchasing a network subscription.
At present, it’s the best way to sign up to Hotstar for free and unfortunately the downside is that this free access is only granted to those who purchase a minimum 12 month subscription to StarHub.
India is the only place as of now, where Hotstar and Disney+ is available on a single platform. Hotstar Singapore does not include Disney+ and you will get access only to Indian content and live cricket.
If you do choose a StarHub TV+ plan then you will be provided with two offers, one will be an entertainment + offer which costs around $30 SGD per month and the other will be the Star Hub TV+ regular plan for $15 SGD per month.
The first plan comes with a 24 month contract whereas the second pack does not have any contract and Hotstar will be free for a period of 24 months.
Another way to get free Hotstar in Singapore by using StarHub is to purchase either a 1Gbps fiber broadband plan or a 2Gbps fiber broadband plan. Both plans come with a 24-month contract and subscribers will receive 3 months free access to Hotstar premium content.
Finally, if you’re using StarHub mobile SIMs, you can recharge your SIM with either the Mobile+ 2-year plan or the 4G SIM only 1-year plan and get 3 months of Hotstar premium for free.
How to Watch Hotstar in Singapore
Users will have to login to the Hotstar Singapore website to first purchase a subscription plan.
To do this,
- Visit the official Hotstar Singapore website by clicking on the link below
- Now click on the Subscribe button in the top right corner of the website if you do not have an account
- If you have an account or have recently purchased a subscription plan, click on the Login button
- Once the subscription plan page is open, click on Subscribe Now and then proceed to the checkout page
- Enter your billing information and purchase the subscription plan
- Once confirmed, you will receive an email with the subscription details including the date the subscription will end.
- Proceed to login to your Hotstar account with the registered login details and begin watching premium content on Hotstar.
Once done, you can either view Hotstar on your laptop/computer or you can download the Hotstar app on your smartphone and watch movies or live cricket on the go.
What Devices Support Hotstar?
You can login to and watch Hotstar content via multiple devices, some of the most popular ones are:
- Android phones and tablets
- iPhone and iPad
- Mobile website
- Android TVs
- Laptop/PC Browser
- Google Chromecast
- Amazon FireStick
What is Included in Hotstar Singapore Subscription?
Here’s what is included in the Hotstar Singapore subscription plan.
- Enjoy on 2 Displays – Hotstar gives access to two screens at once with an annual membership. It means you can enjoy 2 programs at once on 2 separate devices.
- Subtitles in various languages – Hotstar supports up to 8 Indian languages. You can change the subtitles of most of its programs to different languages.
- Online Television Networks – There are around 24 online television channels on Hotstar and this list includes news, home entertainment channels and live sports.
- Unlimited downloads – There is no limit on the number of downloads. You can download as many programs as you desire as well as watch them when you are offline.
- Packed with entertainment – Hotstar has over 85000+ hrs of content and every couple of days it releases new Hotstar specials, movies as well as television programs.
- Live cricket matches – You can watch live cricket matches on Hotstar Singapore. It covers the one day matches, world cup matches, IPL and even T20 world cup.
Is Hotstar available in Singapore?
Yes, Hotstar is available in Singapore. Users can purchase their Hotstar subscription by either accessing the Hotstar website or by signing up with StarHub broadband.
How much does Hotstar cost in Singapore?
In Singapore, Hotstar costs $69.98 SGD. This is because in Singapore there’s only one Hotstar plan available to users and it’s for a duration of 1 year.
Does Hotstar in Singapore have a monthly plan?
No, Hotstar in Singapore does not have a monthly plan and subscribers will have to purchase the yearly plan that is available.
Hotstar is far better than many other services in Singapore in terms of content, features and pricing.
However, most of its content is from India and if you’re a cricket fan then it’s definitely a service meant for you.
While Hotstar does provide decent content, it lacks a free trial period and because of this subscribers can’t test the platform out before purchasing a subscription plan.
I hope this article has helped you understand the Hotstar Singapore subscription plan and features. If there are any questions, please drop a comment below.