ABCmouse is a fantastic educational app for kids aged 2-8 years. Their award winning curriculum has helped children around the world learn and grow by immersing themselves in essential activities such as social studies, reading and mathematics.
To learn, students have to download the mobile phone application with which they will be rewarded based on their academic performance throughout the selected course.
There are activities as well that guarantee a unique learning experience for children and this will keep them engaged and motivated to learn more.
This guide takes a close look at ABCmouse’s payment terms, how to use their services and a review on their teaching methods and activities that are available.
ABCmouse Price, Free Apps & Review
What is ABCmouse?
ABCmouse is an online knowledge base for children aged 2-8. The platform has over 850 lessons and over 9000 activities and tasks for children to perform.
These lessons are segregated based on the subject and course and children can choose what they want to learn by enrolling in a specific course.
How Do I Access ABCmouse?
How Much Does ABCmouse Cost?
ABCmouse has three different payment plans making learning on their platform accessible to a large number of customers. They have an annual membership plan of $59.99, a bi-annual plan of $29.99 and a monthly plan of $12.99.
All three plans grant complete access to all that ABCmouse has to offer and the best part is that regardless of the plan selected, the app is ad-free and there are no ads that play in the middle or before any learning videos.
Based on the way their membership plans are laid out, you can save up to 60% on the total cost if you subscribe for the annual plan and each plan permits up to 3 children to sign in under one ID at any given time.
Another thing to keep in mind is that they offer discounts on the subscription plans during big sales and events such as Black Friday or Cyber Monday. Also, all three plans offer the first month free of charge and they auto renew at the end of the subscription making it easier for parents who don’t have time on their hands.
|Monthly – $12.99 per month||Short Term – $29.99 bi-annually||Annual – One payment of $59.99/year save up to 60%|
|Access to curriculum from education experts||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Age-appropriate learning that always engages and entertains children||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Access to over 10,000 learning activities||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Parental Controls and insight||Yes||Yes||Yes|
ABCmouse Free Trial
The ABCmouse free trial period lasts for 30 days and can be canceled at any time without any charge.
However, at the end of the 30 days, users are notified to update their payment information to continue and that’s when they will have to purchase a plan.
The ABCmouse free trial grants access to most of their learning material and all you’d have to do is login to the account on any device and start learning.
Since the trial is free there are some limitations such as no 24/7 support and some activities are made available only to premium subscribers.
What Subjects are Covered?
ABCmouse teaches your kid everything they need to know right from the basics.
They offer a wide range of subjects to choose from and you can make a selection based on what your child needs improvement or help learning.
Some of the subjects covered on ABCmouse are:
Reading and Language
The reading and language curriculum includes learning phonics, rhyming words, word families, a collection of over 450 e-books for children, learning sentence structure and even parts of speech. During this course, students will learn how to read, speak and will be gradually taught how to form sentences and paragraphs.
The Mathematics curriculum teaches children how to learn counting from 1-120 and place value. They’re even taught how to add, subtract, time, length, names and attributes of 2D and 3D shapes as well as basic multiplication tables.
The World Around Us (Social Sciences)
ABCmouse’s social science course deals with learning about the world around us. This course teaches students about plants and animals, the weather, earth’s seasons, the human body and body health, the solar system, regions in the US and matter and its different properties.
Art & Colors
ABCmouse has an Art curriculum that teaches children about primary and secondary colors, the different shades of colors, it also includes different activities such as paint-by-numbers and puzzles that are designed to teach children the names of colors and how to use different colors.
What Activities are Available on ABCmouse?
Along with the extensive knowledge base of topics for children, ABCmouse has a vast variety of activities and learning games for children that can help improve their analytical skills and make it easier for them to learn.
Some of the activities provided in between courses are:
- Animations – Kids can learn with the help of animations. For example prospector Paul will teach children about letter combinations while King Grammar will teach children about nouns and proper nouns.
- Games – There are also hundreds of games that are interactive and educational. All the games come with voiced instructions so kids can easily learn how to play and take part in any game of their choice.
- Books – ABCmouse has over 450 kid-centric books such as original stories as well as non-fiction learning material. All courses available on ABCmouse are also available as a book written in child-friendly language.
- Songs – There’s a vast music collection of songs on many topics of their curriculum including letters of the alphabet, colors, and even different plants and animals. These songs are designed to help children learn and have fun doing so.
- Puzzles – Hundreds of jigsaw puzzles are available on ABCmouse for children to develop problem solving and critical reasoning skills. There are different puzzles for different topics and children are taught how to solve puzzles by using the analytical side of their brain.
- Art – ABCmouse also plays host to different types of art activities such as paint-by-numbers, traceables, printables and even join the dots. These activities let children express themselves creatively and they can have fun at the same time.
- Printables – One more great thing about ABCmouse is that they have over 2000 printables of activities across topics and these make it easier for children to stay on track with their learning. These activities can be downloaded for free and printed so that kids can get a hands-on experience of what they learn.
What Are the Other Key Features of ABCmouse?
ABCmouse also has some key features that are designed for both parents and children, with more emphasis on the latter.
Here are some of the main features of the ABCmouse app and what you can do with them.
- Progress Tracking – Parents are given the access to track their children’s progress throughout their course. The tracking feature provides vital information about your child’s learning progress as well as scope of improvement if they are a bit behind.
- Tickets and Rewards – Children are rewarded with tickets upon completion of activities and this model has helped boost their will to learn. These tickets can be availed in the app for additional knowledge resources and avatar upgrades.
- Customizable Avatars – Children are allowed to create a digital representation of themselves on ABCmouse’s app. There are loads of customization options available and avatar related items can be unlocked by utilizing tickets.
- Interactive Zoo – ABCmouse also has an interactive zoo where kids are taught about different animals, allowed to play games and do puzzles while interacting with realistic zoo animals.
- Interactive Aquarium – They even have an interactive aquarium where kids are taught about different fish and marine life, allowed to play games and do puzzles while interacting with fish.
- Interactive Farm – Finally, they have an interactive farm that has all the farm animals including chickens, horses, pigs, cows and more. Children can take part in farm-related activities and learn about farm animals.
Does ABCmouse offer a free trial?
Yes, ABCmouse offers a free trial of 30 days to first time users and you will get access to all they have to offer in this trial period.
How many learning activities are available on ABCmouse?
ABCmouse currently has over 10,000 educational games and activities. They also have well over 2000 printables, 450 books and lesson plans and many art related activities for children to perform.
How many children can register under one membership?
Up to 3 children are permitted to register under a single account and not more than that. Each member will be able to create their own avatar and parents will be able to keep a check on their progress individually.